Members Only Logo  
XML

or Subscribe by Email by entering your address below:


Powered by FeedBlitz
Learn about Subscriptions Follow me on Twitter!

The topics discussed here grow out of the bread-and-butter issues that confront my consulting and software clients on a daily basis. We'll talk about prosaic stuff like Membership Management, Meetings and Events Management and Fundraising, broader ideas like security and software project management, and the social, cultural, and organizational issues that impact IT decision-making.

Saturday, January 01, 2005

About me

I'm the founder of Members Only Software, Inc - a provider of software to think tanks, professional societies, YMCAs, service and advocacy groups, and trade associations.

Friend me in Facebook
Find me in LinkedIn
get vcard
Email me

I've worked directly for a number of non-profit groups and community agencies over the years as well. Working for the Berkeley Community Health Project in Berkeley California for three years in the seventies was a crucial formative experience for me. But I'm also a certified nerd: I have a degree in physics from MIT.

Alistair Cockburn wrote that software development is a game of invention and communication, and that very much reflects my understanding of the process of moving software from the coffee cup to the desk top.

Professionally my interests span all aspects of this process. I love programming: you can frequently find me buried in code with one of our other programmers. Software development methodology is critical: I'm always trying to refine our approach to working with our users. I also love the marketing and selling of our products and services, working with organizations to understand their needs and trying to adapt our wares to respond to what we learn.

I'm married, live in Washington DC right near Dupont Circle. My wife Doria is also a principal in Members Only Software, so we work very closely together on a daily basis. What do I do beyond the bits and bytes? I write, I read, I play old-time fiddle, I cook, and I like to get off the pavement and into the woods now and then.


Comments on "About me"

 

post a comment