Members Only Logo  
XML

or Subscribe by Email by entering your address below:


Powered by FeedBlitz
Learn about Subscriptions Follow me on Twitter!

The topics discussed here grow out of the bread-and-butter issues that confront my consulting and software clients on a daily basis. We'll talk about prosaic stuff like Membership Management, Meetings and Events Management and Fundraising, broader ideas like security and software project management, and the social, cultural, and organizational issues that impact IT decision-making.

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Ten Things That Every Non-Profit Executive Needs to Know.

All week I've been trying to spit out a blog entry, but the catastrophe on the gulf coast has had me preoccupied. What a horror! But then, I remembered the Blogger's Prerogative: I can just write about someone else's blog! And there really is something I wanted to bring to your attention: the non-profit technology blog of Deborah Elizabeth Finn. Deborah thinks and writes about a lot of the issues you and I would be thinking about if we weren't so busy dealing with the nuts and bolts of the information system. She reminds us to come up for air and think about IT as a part of the overall development of the organization -- a theme I try to pick up on before I sound again for the depths of some new output or website requirement.

Take a look at this recent post of hers, titled Ten Things (Just Ten!) That Every Nonprofit Executive Needs to Know About Information Technology. She's captured in this brief posting a lot of the same lessons we've learned through years of hard work with your organizations. This article is particularly valuable, I think, for the executives in your organization who are not wrapped up in IT on a day-to-day basis.

I'll be pointing out other of Deborah's gems to you from time to time!