Members Only Logo  
XML

or Subscribe by Email by entering your address below:


Powered by FeedBlitz
Learn about Subscriptions Follow me on Twitter!

The topics discussed here grow out of the bread-and-butter issues that confront my consulting and software clients on a daily basis. We'll talk about prosaic stuff like Membership Management, Meetings and Events Management and Fundraising, broader ideas like security and software project management, and the social, cultural, and organizational issues that impact IT decision-making.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

A few updates.

Here are a few updates to topics I've written about in the last while...

1. Legal matters. Just a few days ago I pointed you to the EFF Legal Guide for Bloggers. A day or two later, Steve Rubel mentioned a similar reference for podcasters. It's called Podcasting Legal Guide: Rules for the Revolution and you can find it at the Creative Commons wiki.

2. Video. I've also been on about participatory video on the net lately, in particular the much-in-the-news You Tube, as well as CurrentTV. In a comment on one of those posts Anne Walk refers us to this surprisingly long list of free video hosting services on the web.

3. Collaborative Spreadsheets. Not long ago I wrote about Dan Bricklin's wikiCalc project. Several correspondents have since pointed me to Irows, a different approach to spreadsheet sharing. You can embed a spreadsheet in your site with this tool.

4. Project Management. In my first post of the year, I shared my thoughts about using Scrum, a project management method intended for software development projects, to manage other types of IT efforts. Yesterday, Susan Richardson at Joining Dots talked about both Scrum and the more esoteric "Theory of Constraints" in IT project management.
Tags: ,

Comments on "A few updates."

 

post a comment