Members Only Logo  
XML

or Subscribe by Email by entering your address below:


Powered by FeedBlitz
Learn about Subscriptions Follow me on Twitter!

The topics discussed here grow out of the bread-and-butter issues that confront my consulting and software clients on a daily basis. We'll talk about prosaic stuff like Membership Management, Meetings and Events Management and Fundraising, broader ideas like security and software project management, and the social, cultural, and organizational issues that impact IT decision-making.

Thursday, August 02, 2007

The Dog Days of August

My Technorati page gives my bio as "I'm a big brown shaggy dog"! I'd like to change this -- some aspects are not quite true - but I do not seem to able to do a thing about it. Selecting edit my account, I see a text box for my bio. I delete the pooch blurb, and replace it with something somewhat more professional:
I write for NGO staff trying to integrate technology more centrally into their strategic planning. And I write for the technologists trying to help them. So we explore new technologies, technology and organizational development, and issues of tech planning, purchasing, and troubleshooting.
My company, Members Only Software, provides applications for a wide rage of non-profit clients, from major public policy think tanks to local YMCAs.
But when I click save, woof! its back to the stuff about the brown dog. Bad Boy!

Which reminds me -- if you have room in your homes, you should adopt a pet this week- (not me - I just checked my food bowl and its lookin' good) -- but the humane societies are bursting. And speaking of them, doesn't the US Humane Society deserve a big tail-wag for bringing focus on the abusive dog-fighting being run by some major sports figures. This is important work. And you can say you heard that it from me: I'm a big brown shaggy dog.

Labels: ,

Comments on "The Dog Days of August"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (August 3, 2007 at 7:21 AM) : 

Way to go Michael!!! Everyone should remember what dog is spelled backwards. From a dog lover and fan of your company, Esther

 

post a comment