Members Only Logo  
XML

or Subscribe by Email by entering your address below:


Powered by FeedBlitz
Learn about Subscriptions Follow me on Twitter!

The topics discussed here grow out of the bread-and-butter issues that confront my consulting and software clients on a daily basis. We'll talk about prosaic stuff like Membership Management, Meetings and Events Management and Fundraising, broader ideas like security and software project management, and the social, cultural, and organizational issues that impact IT decision-making.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

A New Blog on the Block

Here's a new non-profit tech blog I wanted to bring to your attention: Today I cried. Weird name, hunh? The anonymous writer explains it this way:
I named this site quite appropriately. My first day as the sole technology person at a downtown Manhattan non-profit proved this. It's not that non-profits are difficult places to work, it's that they lack self-respect. I doubt any self-respecting organization would allow their network and infrastructure to fall into such ruin. What I saw today, knowing that I have to deal with it, would have made anyone weep bitterly.
One of Cried's themes is that because non-profits do not see themselves as real business, they do not focus on ROI or efficiency - and that takes a bite out of their ability to focus on mission. We can only hope his boss and board listen to him, because this is exactly the conclusion reached by consulting powerhouse Accenture in its study Executive Issues in NonProfits.

Welcome to the nptech blogosphere, Cried!
Tags: ,

Comments on "A New Blog on the Block"

 

post a comment