Members Only Logo  
XML

or Subscribe by Email by entering your address below:


Powered by FeedBlitz
Learn about Subscriptions Follow me on Twitter!

The topics discussed here grow out of the bread-and-butter issues that confront my consulting and software clients on a daily basis. We'll talk about prosaic stuff like Membership Management, Meetings and Events Management and Fundraising, broader ideas like security and software project management, and the social, cultural, and organizational issues that impact IT decision-making.

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Microformats anyone?

NTEN LogoThe 2007 Non-Profit Technology Conference is coming to my town! Yup, it's April 4-6 in Washington, D.C. I had a great time traveling to Seattle for last year's meeting, but it will be very pleasant to just roll out of my own bed and wander up the hill for muffins and coffee! Members Only Software will be participating in the science fair (nothings changed in my life in 50 years, has it?) and I've been asked to host a session on Microformats. Here's what the organizers have in mind:

Microformats Are the New Tags

But are they a flash in the tech pan, or are they here to last? Microformats are the latest attempt to address the most important hurdle in technology - data sharing. This session will address how they work, why they may be better for data sharing, and whether or not they will last.

Takeaways:

  1. Definition of microformat
  2. Understanding of how they can be used with tags and other similar technologies
  3. Examples of how and where microformats are being used now

Session Tags:

Web2.0 Webmasters Opensource
I've already got cautions and quibbles with this intro - but that's what gets discussion going. Speaking of which: I'd love to find a few collaborators for this session. So if you have experience using Microformats, or if you have strong ideas about the should be or could be used, please drop me a note as soon as you can. I've written just briefly about microformats here and here in this blog.

Labels: , , ,

Comments on "Microformats anyone?"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (January 24, 2007 at 11:51 PM) : 

Which microformats though? There are so many of them. Do you have any you'd like to push for the nonprofit sector specifically? I like hAtom but I'm curious what you want to push.

 

post a comment