Members Only Logo  
XML

or Subscribe by Email by entering your address below:


Powered by FeedBlitz
Learn about Subscriptions Follow me on Twitter!

The topics discussed here grow out of the bread-and-butter issues that confront my consulting and software clients on a daily basis. We'll talk about prosaic stuff like Membership Management, Meetings and Events Management and Fundraising, broader ideas like security and software project management, and the social, cultural, and organizational issues that impact IT decision-making.

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Delegating online fundraising


As a next stop in the NonProfit Blog Exchange, I visited Betsy's Blog, which is maintained by Betsy Harman of Harman Interactive. Betsy consults with non-profits on development strategy and online fundraising. When I look at a new blog, I realize I'm scanning for gems - for something to pick up, put in my pocket, and take away. It didn't take long to find it here: On August 23rd, Betsy wrote about a technique that is new to me: personalized fundraising pages.

In brief, this means allowing your constituency to create their own web pages that explain why they support your organization. They can set their own fundraising goal for the page, and provide a link for donation entry right there. Using a service called Just Giving, you can add this capability to your website. Betsy used it to set up a page to raise money for the Anti-Cruelty Society in Chicago. You can check it out (and donate) right here.

If you are already working with a highly structured campaign tree, this may be a very useful new branch to explore. I'm already pondering how this can be linked directly to the Campaign Tree in MEMBERS ONLY.

But this is a review of the blog, so I should find something to quibble with as well: Betsy, you don't make it easy to get a permalink to a specific post. I want to pass your August 23rd post on to a client or two - it took me a while to realize that the best way to do this is give them a link to August - by luck, the posting I care about is at the top of that display. It would be easier to share your insights around if I could get a link to a single item.

Comments on "Delegating online fundraising"

 

post a comment